There is a common pattern among my students when talking about their English skills, and which of their skills are stronger and weaker. Most students complain that they don’t speak as well as they would like to, and/or lack the confidence to … Continue reading
Happy Hump Day English learners and lovers!
Welcome to week 2 of the August Learning Plan, 7 days dedicated to SPEAKING! This is something that the majority of English learners want to practice, something that I get asked about all the time. If you are someone who wants to..
- improve conversational abilities
- gain more confidence in speaking
- improve your pronunciation
- find out more ways to practice speaking in English
- naturally improve your grammar in use
- learn with me
…then this is the week for you! You can connect with me for group conversation classes by visiting English Outside the Box (activity 1), and check out the pronunciation post tomorrow (activity 3). However, today’s post is all about the Instagram/YouTube video speaking challenge! The video you are about to watch below is also EXTRA special because I am also introducing to you a new blog contributor, Isadora! She is also completing the YouTube challenge, so we wanted to upload our video together.
How can you participate in the Instagram/YouTube Challenge?
- Grab your phone or camera, and take a video introducing yourself and 1) talking about your next vacation and 2) talking about something you learned last week.
- UPLOAD and POST it for me to see!
- If it’s under 15 seconds then upload it on Instagram, and make sure to tag me @jenesl760 and use the hashtag #auglp
- If it’s longer than 15 seconds (or you don’t have Instagram) then you can post in on my Facebook wall, or upload it onto yours and tag me @EnglishOutsidetheBox. Don’t forget to use #auglp so I can DEFINITELY find it!
- Your final option is to upload it onto YouTube and send the link to me to: email@example.com or via the contact tab on this website.
Why should you participate in the video challenge?
It’s fun, it’s interactive, and you will (probably) be stepping outside your comfort zone, which is a great way to push yourself to better speaking skills! Remember as Tony Robbins says, “if you don’t what you’ve always done, you’ll get where you’ve always gotten.” If you are an English speaker you can upload a video in English, to help other learners, or you can upload a video in any language you are learning! Fun, huh?!
If you are reading this post later than week 2 of this learning plan, don’t worry! You can participate in this challenge anytime. In fact, I encourage you to continue practicing speaking, making videos and uploading them, so you continue learning and improving. You can still tag me and I’ll still give you some feedback!
Good luck! I look forward to seeing your videos, and Isadora and I hope you enjoy ours! See you soon and ..
Happy Studying! ♥
Hey! Calling all Portuguese speakers! Você fala português? Melhora sua pronúncia aqui com meu curso: “Pronúncia de inglês para nativos de língua português” para só $5. Visit: http://bit.ly/auglp-pron ((Do you speak Portuguese? Improve your pronunciation here with my course: “English Pronunciation for Portuguese Speakers” for only $5))
Don’t forget you can take lessons to improve your pronunciation with me and English Outside the Box, just send me an e-mail through the contact form or visit: www.englishoutsidethebox.com/learn-english.html for more information.